As the effects of regulation, financial stimulus and environmental impact become more widespread, sources of finance are changing. Taylor Wessing’s dedicated International Projects group advises on construction and infrastructure projects and project financings throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Our lawyers have extensive experience of all the relevant disciplines needed to successfully complete large scale international projects, including legal structuring, procurement, real estate, construction, corporate, finance and IT.
We work on behalf of Governments, sovereign wealth funds, project sponsors, developers, contractors, manufacturers, funders and investors across a wide variety of sectors. Our particular focus is on energy, healthcare infrastructure/services, transport and logistics. This combination of industry knowledge, broad legal expertise and track record in domestic and international projects enables us to provide innovative solutions that reconcile the interests of the different stakeholders in a project, within varying political and commercial environments.
Our team of experts will be at hand to support you throughout the entire lifecycle of your project, from the negotiation of the relevant agreements (including standard agreements such as FIDIC, Orgalime, NEC and Logic) to its implementation and execution. One of our particular skills is in claims and project management during the implementation and execution of large-scale, long-running projects. We can also represent you in litigation proceedings before ordinary courts as well as in national and international arbitration proceedings (for example according to DIS or ICC rules).
Areas of expertise
- Dispute resolution
- Arbitration according to the rules of the ICC, DIS, GMAA etc.
- Dispute adjudication
- Preliminary injunction proceedings & arrest proceedings
- EPC, EPCI & EPCM contracts
- Turnkey contracts (EPC, EPCI and EPCM contracts)
- Subcontractor & supply contracts
- International standard forms (FIDIC, NEC 3, VOB, ORGALIME, LOGIC, BIMCO, AWES)
- Operation & maintenance contracts (O&M contracts)
- Industrial plant construction
- Civil engineering & plant construction
- Shipbuilding & refit (megayachts, cruise ships, marine vessels etc.)
- Offshore – Wind and Oil & Gas (foundations, turbines, cabling, transformer stations, Jack-up vessels and offshore platforms, FPSOs and LNG tankers)
- Renewable energies (in particular wind (on & offshore), solar (photovoltaic) & biogas)
- Public Private Partnership (PPP)
- Standard contracts, FIDIC, Logic, NEC, Orgalime
Standard contracts, FIDIC, Logic, NEC, Orgalime