We can provide you with a full range of legal services in the Middle East. Our long-standing Dubai office is the hub for our pan-GCC client base and provides legal advice on all aspects of business law. This includes construction, corporate, commercial, dispute resolution, corporate governance, employment, energy, finance and financial services, information technology and media, intellectual property, and real estate.
In addition to the lawyers in our Dubai office who are permanently based in the region, our broader Middle East group comprises leading lawyers from across Taylor Wessing. They can help, whether you are a business expanding your operations into the region or a Middle Eastern business looking to invest in other parts of the world.
Our team, which includes Islamic and Gulf experts, Arabic speakers and experts on Middle Eastern businesses, has a wealth of experience working in the Middle East. As a result, we are well versed in the different cultural and business practices in the region, including Islamic finance and Sharia law, and dealing with the local authorities. We can also introduce you to excellent connections within the region, since we have extensive relationships with leading financial institutions and other key intermediaries.
Taylor Wessing also has an involvement in the wider MENA region, with experience of many transactions and assignments in North Africa, Turkey, Iran and Pakistan and other countries within the region. These have included:
- Assisting with the drafting of the Maritime Code for Dubai;
- Advising on establishing the first investment structure under the DIFC’s new Collective Investment Funds regime;
- First law firm to arrange registration of a pledge over company shares at the Dubai Department of Economic Development as a form of security interest;
- Advised on the establishment of the world’s first Sharia compliant wholesale bank
We advise some of the leading multinational companies, financial institutions and sovereign bodies on the full range of their legal needs. Our team also has extensive experience in acting on large-multi jurisdictional transactions and projects for:
- Middle Eastern financial institutions
- International companies and financial institutions doing business in the Gulf
- High Net Worth Arab families, trading dynasties and their corporate groups.